Anime Milwaukee Forums

The official Introductions

Moderator: AMKE Staff

Re: The official Introductions

Postby KeiuroFan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:42 pm

I don't know where to post this so I'll post here because it cannot be said enough... a hearty THANK YOU to all the staff and volunteers at AMKE 2011. You're all the BEST!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
KeiuroFan

Postby Soryon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Looks like the site took a nose dive. Anyway, here I am, introducing myself again.
I am Aaron, better known as Soryon around anime forums.

I live in Pewaukee so I am near by. Nice to meet you all!
Soryon

Postby Shooxjat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi all, I'm...well Shooxjat on here and some guy named "Blake" in real life... ANYWAY!

1) Did a one-day in 2011, Staff in 2012 o.O
2) Nothing in particular, just meeting new folks and seeing what's what.
3) Racine, WI and proud of it (though I was born in flatland, I didn't spend long there.)
4) Ghost in the Shell SAC. Though, I'll watch and read anything once. Yes, even THAT.
5) Most any board game or non-collectible card game.
6) Haven't yet, though I may try in the future.
7) See 6.
8) Um...I like cats! And music!
Shooxjat

Postby stumbleine07 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Hey, hey...my name's Sara. I'm 18 years old, and I'll be a college freshman this fall :]

1. This will be my first year attending Anime Milwaukee, as it's the first year I'll be living in the Milwaukee area. However, I've been going to ACen for the past 4 years, and I'll also be going to Anime World Chicago in August.
2. I think what I most look forward to is experiencing a con that ISN'T ACen. I've never been to any others before, so changing it up excites me!
3. I'm from Carol Stream, Illinois, but I'll be living in Waukesha, Wisconsin, during school.
4. My favorite anime is (at the moment) probably Hetalia, and my favorite manga (again, at the moment) is Kuroshitsuji. Things like that change depending on my current addictions, though.
5. I'm not much of a gamer...the only thing I play is Guitar Hero...haha.
6. I love cosplaying!
7. I'm not sure what cosplays I'll be bringing to Anime Milwaukee, but I'm almost positive I'll be bringing a Ciel Phantomhive costume, and I'll probably bring back my L cosplay.
8. I like making new friends, yes?
stumbleine07

Postby Yugishogun » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:01 am

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended? no, can't wait for 2012!
2. What do you look forward to at the con? cosplaying, the panels, and the guests
3. What city or state are you from? Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4. What are your favorite anime or manga? Too many to decide. They're all so good.
5. Favorite video games or table-top games? Halo series, DnD
6. Do you cosplay? Yep.
7. What are you cosplaying this year? possibly Kurogane from Tsubasa
8. Anything else? not really
Yugishogun

Postby HarmonysMusic19 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Hello everyone~! I am Harmony (Rouge-fans-come-here and HarmonysMusic19 on deviantART) and i am introducing myself! XD

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended?
I have been attending AMKE since 2010. AMKE 2012 will be my third year attending!
2. What do you look forward to at the con?
Meeting and making friends with the amazing people there! Plus, having the feeling that you can feel welcomed to the world of anime at cons!
3. What city or state are you from?
My hometown is Cudahy, WI. Currently living in Milwaukee!
4. What are your favorite anime or manga?
oh my. Vocaloid, Yu-Gi-Oh, and sooo many more.
5. Favorite video games or table-top games?
Super Smash bros games, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sonic the hedgehog, and more
6. Do you cosplay?
oh yes i do!! Since winter 2009!
7. What are you cosplaying this year?
I am returning as Kasane Teto from Vocaloid/UTAU, Noodle from Gorillaz, and debuting Marik Ishtar from Yu-Gi-Oh!
8. Anything else?
I cannot wait to meet LittleKuriboh this year!!! :D
one of the youngest coslayer you will ever meet~ ;D

http://rouge-fans-come-here.deviantart.com my main account
http://harmonysmusic19.deviantart.com my cosplay account
HarmonysMusic19

Postby LC Asuka » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 am

I'm LC Asuka, aka Nicole. I'm a 26-year-old chemist, and this is my bio.

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended? Nope, 2012 will be my second year
2. What do you look forward to at the con? I'm looking forward to enjoying a smaller con, where I don't have to wait in line for an hour and still not be allowed into a panel ^_^
3. What city or state are you from? I'm originally from Evergreen Park, IL (a Southside suburb of Chicago), but now I live in Milwaukee
4. What are your favorite anime or manga? I prefer the older series like Evangelion, Excel Saga, Bubblegum Crisis, Cowboy Bebop, Lain, Trigun, s-CRY-ed, and Battle Royale. Newer favorites include Gunslinger Girl, Death Note, Saikano, and Claymore.
5. Favorite video games or table-top games? Favorite video game of all time is and will always be Xenogears on the PS1; other favorites include Killzone, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy (preferably V or XII, while avoiding VI), Fatal Frame, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, and Legend of the Dragoon. For table-top games, I love me some Illuminati and BSG.
6. Do you cosplay? Yup - Most recently, I crossplayed as Alex Mercer (blade arm form) from the video game [PROTOTYPE] (the picture below was actually taken at AMke last year, though the blade was only about 80% done :P)
7. What are you cosplaying this year? I was going to cosplay as Kat from Halo: Reach, but now I'm going as Anya Stroud (COG armor) from Gears of War 3.
8. Anything else? I've been on Main Programming staff at Anime Central since 2008 (making 2012 year #5 for me). Also, this is me below:

Brothers till the end.
LC Asuka

Postby Starlit » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:09 pm

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended?
AMKE 2011 was my 1st year attending. AMKE 2012 will be my first year working as staff.
Seeing people enjoy themselves, the panels, hanging out with friends, buying good things from the vendor, pumpkin Pockey
3. What city or state are you from? I live in Milwaukee
4. What are your favorite anime or manga? Death Note. Fruits Basket.
5. Favorite video games or table-top games? Apples-to-Apples. Dance Dance Revolution.
6. Do you cosplay? Yes. I've been a gothic lolita & sweet lolita.
7. What are you cosplaying this year? I'll dress as a maid for the Maid Cafe.
8. Anything else? I'm in Vision of Anime. We meet at Hobby Town in New Berlin.
Neesie, AMKE Staff
"Appreciation in any form & at any time brightens anyone's existence." - Ruth Stafford Peale
Facebook: The Couchsurfers of Milwaukee County
Starlit
AMKE Staff

Postby qaz » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:22 pm

1. AMKE 2011 was my first year attending.
2. The panels and guests for one, definitely getting some new stuff from vendors, hanging out with friends and meeting new people. :D
3. I was born in Milwaukee, WI but I live in Kewaskum, WI now.
4. Hellsing, Trigun, Gundam(all of them), Cowboy Bebop, Black Blood Brothers, Dragon Ball/Z, Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin, Gurren Lagann, Highschool of the Dead, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Code Geass, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood, Death Note, ....basicly everything else but hetalia. >.>
5. Im a fan of most fighting games (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, etc) but I mostly play RPG's and platformers ;) and I play shooters every now and then, took second place in the black ops tournament last year, for table-top games I play mostly Yugioh and Magic.
6. I have tryed on a few occasions and like it but I dont do it very much.
7. If I decide to cosplay I would most likely go as Kenshin Himura!
8. Im a computer programmer and I cant wait to meet LittleKuriboh this year!
ImageImageImage
qaz

Postby c00lhand » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:19 am

I have never been to an anime convention or anything of the like, unsure if I will be able to attend the 2012 event yet as I'm not 100% sure if I will be deployed (military) at that time or not.

The unexpected I guess, since I've never been to one.

3. What city or state are you from?

Milwaukee

4. What are your favorite anime or manga?

Clannad, Grave of the Fireflies, Moribito, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Ghost in the Shell, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Full Metal Alchemist, Paprika, Howel's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Memories, Metropolis, Perfect Blue, Samurai Champloo, R.O.D., Voices of a Distant Star, Animatrix, Baccano!, and on and on...

5. Favorite video games or table-top games?

For Video Games:
Xbox360 - Mainly FPS games such as Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Crysis, but also games such as Child of Eden, REZ, Portal, Braid, Shadow Complex, Trials HD, Defense Grid, Soul Calibur, Forza Motorsport, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Peggle, and on and on...
Wii - Super Smash Brothers Melee, The Zelda games, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario Galaxy games, Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, Boom Blox, and a few other titles.
PC - Civilization V and StarCraft II
Also, many classic games for many older gaming systems.

For Table-Top Games:
Acquire, Cribbage, Poker, Oh-Heck!, Risk, Statego, Chinese Checkers, Sequence, Chess, Clue, Yahtzee, Checkers, Battleship, Life, Sorry, Trouble, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Monopoly (I guess), and I do have a few decks I created a long long time ago for playing Magic the Gathering - but I sucked pretty bad and gave up playing it - not to mention I borrowed some of my best cards to old friends who I've since lost touch with which means those cards are gone too.

6. Do you cosplay?

Nope

7. What are you cosplaying this year?

8. Anything else?

Besides getting to know new people who have similar interests in Anime and perhaps games and sports, I am looking to lessen my Anime collection as it has begun to take up too much space in my home - thinking about selling lots of them on eBay.
c00lhand

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions & Off-Topic Conversations