Anime Milwaukee Forums

The official Introductions

Moderator: AMKE Staff

Re: The official Introductions

Postby Quillissss » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:22 pm

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended?
Not my first year, I went two years ago when I was a freshman on the UWM campus, but couldn't attend last year.
2. What do you look forward to at the con?
Cosplaying, and also the guests, and vendor room purchases, and meeting up with all the other con people I see only three times a year.
3. What city or state are you from?
Wausau, WI, baby, home of WausaubiCon.
4. What are your favorite anime or manga?
One Piece by far for sure, but i like a little bit of everything in manga.
One Piece (funimation dub) is good anime too I guess...but I really liked Spice and Wolf season one, can't wait to watch season two!

5. Favorite video games or table-top games?
I'm currently really into Mass Effect, Bioshock, Spiral Knights, Minecraft, and Skyward Sword.
6. Do you cosplay?
Sure do ;D
7. What are you cosplaying this year?
I have a lot of plans, it depends on winter break work though, plus only one day this year means less usually, though last year we were only really at NoBrand for one day and I still wore three costumes. I guess the top of my list right now would beeeeeee
1.Norah - Spice and Wolf
2.Tashigi - One Piece
3. Spiral Helm Yuke - Crystal Chronicles (<-been working for years on and off >_>)

8. Anything else?
I'm on all the forums now! You can find me everywhere! Daisho Con, NoBrandCon, WausaubiCon, and here! I haven't been to KitsuneKon yet though...doh! Guess I lied about that. Anyway Hello again AMKE I look forward to our Saturday together! :D
Quillissss

Postby skyrune83 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 pm

My name is Todd, and this is my second year at AMKE. I live in Palatine, which is a northwest burb of Chicago, so the drive to Milwaukee is not too bad for me. I look forward to meeting new friends at the con and hosting my two panels, "SGLBT Otaku Unite" and "Name That RPG Tune." My top anime would be Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, and Stein;s Gate. My complete list is here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/skyrune83. My fave video games include Castlevania SotN, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, Super Metroid, and SMW2 Yoshi's Island. I most recently cosplay a Red Mage from Final Fantasy I. I have also cosplayed Lil' Slugger (Paranoia Agent), JP (Digimon Frontier), Mario, Matsushita (Angel Beats), and Poppo (Ano Hana). Other than that, I am quite shy around new people (thus the avatar), but I would love to meet other friends. :)
skyrune83

Postby megamanx411 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:25 pm

My name is Tim, and I'm one of the staff for Anime Milwaukee this year! I'm the planning Department Head for Video Gaming. I also work in Registration, I'll be running three panels (Mega Man, Poke'mon, and Retro Gaming), and I'll also be in Trainer's Rendezvous as a Gym Leader. So yeah, I have a pretty full plate, lol.

I've been involved with Anime Milwaukee for a few years now and I really enjoy it! I like to go to other conventions like ACEN and Youmacon, and I've been an anime fan and gamer since a child. I've recently graduated from UW-Milwaukee and intend to go into grad school to focus on Japanese-English translation. My hope is to one day to translate Japanese entertainment media into English, especially video games. Speaking of games, my personal favorites are Chrono Trigger and Mega Man X. I love to collect video games and am into retro gaming as well. As for anime, there are many I like, such as D. Gray Man, Maison Ikkoku, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Wolf and Spice, and more.
Fight Mega Man! For Everlasting Peace!
megamanx411

Postby KraZGurl » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:26 pm

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended?
Yes, it is. I'm finally venturing a litter further with my cons!
Generally hanging out in the artist alley, running into other Homestuck, and general con shenanigans. :D Also seeing Doug Walker
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Rurouni Kenshin
Favorite Video Game: Zelda OoT, Table Top Game: DnD
6. Do you cosplay?
Yes!
Homestuck. Friday I will be Kanaya, Saturday I will be Dolorosa, and, if I can complete it, Sunday I will be God Tier Jade.
8. Anything else?
Well, I can't wait to see the people of the artist alley, and I do hope to see everyone there, too. :D And I can't wait (but I can, because I still want to get stuff done. ) Hope to see you there!
KraZGurl

Postby Kellin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Heya, folks! I believe I know a few of you folks from other cons here in the midwest.

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee?
Yep! My better half and I live in the southern burbs of Milwaukee but have never made it to AMKE, unfortunately. For shame! I've always either had to work or had something else going on. I really wanted to go last year but could not get off of work. :(

It's always good to see folks I only see once or twice a year. Don't be a stranger! Oh, and the masquerade, of course.

Milwaukee, WI

Big Evangelion fan here, and I love the mythology and fantastical outfits from xxx~Holic.

I love RPGs that are really heavy on the story, like Valkyrie Profile and Final Fantasy Tactics. Gotta love Munchkin, too.

6. Do you cosplay?
Absolutely! Haven't had much opportunity to make stuff for myself in a while, though.

Strongly considering something that would be fun and quick if I can convince the mrs to join me.

See you all soon!
Kellin

Postby S-Config » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Hello everyone, I'm S. Nice to meet you all.

Two years and soon going on three. Pre-registered in July. First year I was there advertising a convention which is no more.

The first thing I look for in a convention is the panels. Panels are the core educational value of the convention and its leverage. From there I weigh the cost of membership versus what the convention provides. Without panels which teach and inform a convention only holds its weight as a 3rd party proxy to meet friends which I do not require assistance in that.

The second thing I look forward to at any convention is the entertainment value, room parties in particular because a room party is mostly designed as a advertisement mechanism at many conventions. "Come sign up, we're fun!"

And finally. As a passtime I like to watch. As creepy as hell as that sounds. Observing any fandom Can speak volumes of their wants and needs, their financial status, their goals. How they treat and view others in public space. It's all interesting stuff..

Milwaukee, WI

Dragon Century, Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell, Urotsukidoji, Cowboy Bebop, Wakfu, Mezzo Forte, FLCL, Dead Leaves, Dragon Drive, Vexille, Summer Wars. and although 30+ years ahead of it's time, Heavy Metal.

Video Games:

The Fallout series, Unreal Tournament, Shogo, Titus the Fox, the Grand Theft Auto Series, Rocket Knight

Table-Top games

Rifts, Shadowrun, Albedo, Ironclaw, AD&D 2nd edition, Khaotic, Battletech.

6. Do you cosplay?
No.

I said no!

8. Anything else?
Been doing cons since 1985 where my first convention was X-Con 7 at the Mt. Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc. Although that convention was Science Fiction I still remember the guy with the BetaMAX going episode after episode of Robotech (and fast forwarding through the singing parts). I always look forward to the next convention and hope to see you all soon.

Thats what server said: End of Line
S-Config

Postby TheJediDobby » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:37 am

This will be my first year at Anime Milwaukee.
I'm not sure, I guess meeting new people, playing games, all that fun stuff.
I'm from Wales, Wisconsin.
I really enjoy Gurren Lagann, Kenshin, Trigun, and a lot more that I can't think of right now.
As for video games I enjoy playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Halo, Battlefield 3, The Total War series, Minecraft, Men of War, G-Mod, TF2, Pokemon, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Brothers, Kingdom Hearts, and the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games.
6. Do you cosplay?
Simple answer: Yes
I only have one costume, and that will be a Jedi Knight!
8. Anything else?
Bacon is awesome, that is all. Good day.
TheJediDobby

Postby Saga of Ilthire » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 pm

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended? First year, and also my first con
2. What do you look forward to at the con? I'm looking forward to meeting new people and the events :D
3. What city or state are you from? Wales, WI
4. What are your favorite anime or manga? I really liked Claymore and Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood. Currently watching D-Gray Man
5. Favorite video games or table-top games? League of Legends, MTG
6. Do you cosplay? Not yet. Maybe next time :O
7. What are you cosplaying this year? No
8. Anything else? Looking forward to it :)
Saga of Ilthire

Postby KeiuroFan » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi y'all! My Little Soul and I hope to come to the con this Saturday! I answered these questions last year and now it's time to do it again :)
1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended? This will be the 4th year for us :)
2. What do you look forward to at the con? Seeing all the wonderful cosplays! Also seeing favorite actors and entertainers and anime lovers!
3. What city or state are you from? Milwaukee
4. What are your favorite anime or manga? Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood!
5. Favorite video games or table-top games? I don't play games but I've loved watching my grown son play Kingdom Hearts and Portal :)
6. Do you cosplay? You BET!
7. What are you cosplaying this year? I will be in my Totoro Kigurumi while volunteering in Children's Programming and Little Soul will be Mei. Then when we go to see Wendy Powell, Little Soul will be in her Envy cosplay.
8. Anything else? I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones! *Peace*!

KeiuroFan

Postby BIGNIG420 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:39 am

1. Is this your first year coming to Anime Milwaukee? If not, how many years have you attended? First year
2. What do you look forward to at the con? The women
3. What city or state are you from? MLK
4. What are your favorite anime or manga? Boondocks
5. Favorite video games or table-top games? NBA 2k12
6. Do you cosplay? I cosplay with myself
7. What are you cosplaying this year? http://www.freewebs.com/ff7_lovva/ff7-barret.jpg
8. Anything else? The BIGNOG don't mess around!
BIGNIG420

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions & Off-Topic Conversations